This course is designed to explore the pertinent leadership dynamics in the International Churches of Christ (ICOC). The following outline defines the eight areas that will be covered.
- Memories: Historical overview and history of the ICOC
- Mentoring: Pursuing training and training others
- Ministry Roles: Evangelist, elder, teacher, deacon, administrator, and the board
- Mistakes & Pitfalls: Shaping church culture, personal character, and Sabbath
- Measuring the Leader: Character, vision, example, faith, and family life
- Managing the Modern Ministry: Finances, staffing, web, building, and technology
- Maturing the Youth & Family Ministry: Building a generational culture in the church
- Multiplying on Campus: Converting and training the leaders of tomorrow
The Syllabus for the Church Leadership course is available as a PDF download.
Learning Outcomes and Objectives
This course has the following objectives for students:
- To gain an understanding of the multi-faceted nature of church leadership.
- To develop the ability to evaluate a church based on the critical aspects of dynamic leadership.
- To demonstrate this evaluation and communicate fluently in a final paper, scoring a minimum of 80% as a course mark.
Church Leadership is available in the following versions. Click here for a description of the versions.
- Full Student
- Audit Student